Wednesday, January 25, 2012

MRT in Singapore

MRT or mass rapid transport system is seen in many developing economies to serve for fast growing need for carrying commuters from newly developed suburbs to CBD. Singapore has created the system decades ago and is maintaining in good shape. I am closing my eyes for the recent accident that halted the car for hours; well, at least it did not claim for casualty of life!

Though the technology can overcome most issues, there is one thing that is beyond control: passengers' good manner. I find most Singaporean behave quite well, such as giving up seats to elders, disabled, pregnant women etc. I so far do not hear of any perverts touching women and sexually harassing, as often notoriously heard in trains in Japan, or drunken adults hovering around annoying other passengers as often seen in London tubes. However I sometimes encounter unpleasant smell on train. In fact this sometimes occurs on taxi as well. I suspect some people do not bother to take shower therefore radiating a fantastic strong nose-pain smell!!

No comments:

Post a Comment