Friday, April 20, 2012

Jet Star


I would like to compare the three main LCC players Flying from Singapore from my recent three flights:
First of all, Jet Star.

Jet star flying from Singapore to Ho Chi Minh City. I found the booking process they provide misleading. I could not manage to dismiss the luggage allowance for my family members,therefore end up reserving extra capacity of luggage. Other airlines allow individual selection of luggage allowance. I also got charge fir extraordinary surcharge for credit card payment. Unless I have a Jetstar credit card, I have no choice but pay 50 SGD. EFTPOS may work but not for NETS.
Web check in is quite a hassle. I keep on bumping into errors, time out, as I need to fill in quite amount of information. Inputting four passenger takes 20minutes and was in vain. Error message possibly die to connectivity issue. I gave up and just walked up to counter as usual. Luckily morning flight counter is not that congested. They have several booths for check in.
Jet star uses terminal 1 in Changi. I can book a seat in prior to boarding, unlike LCCs in Europe.
In flight, no entertainment no complimentary food/drinks which is the standard practice among LCCs so there is not much to complain. I can still buy food and drink on board anyway. Flight itself is punctual. One unpleasant incident was at HoChi Minh airport, after check in. Boarding Gate announcement is not correctly displayed. We had to wonder back and forth from edge to edge of airport. In flight sales item, magazines are good quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment