Thursday, July 12, 2012

Anantara Bangkok Sathorn Hotel

During my recent family trip, I have stayed at this hotel for two nights. My selection standard was 1)any 5 star hotel which has more than two bed rooms, 2) conveniently located within the city. Though I had another place in Sathorn in mind, I wanted to try out this one.
My evaluation: overall fairly comfortable. Worth the price you pay. May need improvement to claim for true 5 star though.
A) hospitality attitude is great. Usually attentive and respond in short interval. B) facility is fairly good. Room service, emergency first aid kit arrival was very fast. Pool, dining area, spa, gym are all nice.
But there are a few points to improve. i)No utensils in the kitchen. ii) Shower booth door does not shut properly therefore water leaks to outside. iii) TV cupboard and bed is too close, therefore caused foot finger injury to my family as they hit their feet on the cupboard shelf corner. iv) no toothbrush amenity was set beforehand. v) no hotel room instruction book is placed in room. Though hotel staff claims that all instruction is displayed on TV, I find this a bit inconvenient. vi) the room initially smelled a bit moldy.
C) location is 15 min walk from Chong Nosi BTS station. If you take BRT then it may be closer. The location map on google or the hotel web site is not easy to see and misleading. If you are driving be aware that you need to enter from Thanon Naradhiwas Rajanaganindra road (the big road which has BRT dedicated lanes) not via any Soi.

No comments:

Post a Comment